At World of Wedgwood, we care about crafting luxury experiences and creative opportunities for everyone to enjoy. This is why we have partnered with AccessAble to create our new online accessibility guide.
We strive to ensure our attraction is safe and accessible to all, including those with disabilities or accessibility requirements. This access guide aims to accurately describe the facilities, services and experiences available, allowing guests to plan their perfect day out at World of Wedgwood.
Click the link below to view detailed accessibility information about World of Wedgwood (opens in a new window).
Booking Our Experiences
You do not require a booking to visit World of Wedgwood. However for some of our experiences, like the Factory Tour, V&A Wedgwood Collection Tours, Creative Studios Sessions and Wedgwood Tea Room, we recommend making a booking before you get here. We aim to make the process of booking with us as smooth as possible. Bookings can be made through our website, or over the phone with our dedicated team.
World of Wedgwood is free to enter. However some of our experiences require a prepayment, such as the one hour and three hour Potter’s wheel sessions, the factory tour and V&A Wedgwood Collection guided tours. Payments can be made through our website. When booking with a member of our team over the phone, payments can be made either over the phone or in person on arrival.
Carer Tickets - Tours
Carer tickets are available for our Factory Tour, V&A Wedgwood Collection Tour and Seasonal Tours. Guests who have one of the below forms of documentation are entitled to one free carer ticket. The guest with the disability and any further members of their party must pay full price. Please show the relevant documentation as well as suitable photo ID of the named recipient to a member of staff at the Guest Information Desk, located in the World of Wedgwood Atrium.
Carer Tickets – Creative Studios
Carer tickets are available for our Creative Studio Sessions. Guests who have one of the below forms of documentation are entitled to one free carer ticket. The guest with the disability and any further members of their party must pay full price. Please show the relevant documentation as well as suitable photo ID of the named recipient to a member of staff at the Guest Information Desk, located in the World of Wedgwood Atrium. Please note, those entering the session on a Carer Ticket will not be allocated their own Potter’s Wheel, and must support the guest with the disability during their session.
For proof of disability, please bring any ONE of the following forms of documentation:
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- A valid Blue Badge
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Credibility’s Access Card with +1 symbol
We are taking several steps to make our visitor attraction accessible. Our current accessibility features include:
Wheelchair, Mobility Scooter & Pushchair Accessibility
- There is an open air car park with a tarmac surface. Parking is free for all users.
- There are 8 Blue Badge parking bays which are 230cm x 460cm. There is a hatched zone on both sides but not to the rear. The nearest Blue Badge bay is 85m from the main building entrance.
- Staff are fully responsive to all visitors’ needs and will provide assistance. Please contact us in advance of your visit or on arrival if you require our assistance getting from the carpark to the entrance.
- All areas of World of Wedgwood are accessible to wheelchair users and mobility scooter users. Where needed to access the first and second floor, there is a lift. Each floor’s layout is flat.
- Standard wheelchairs are available to be borrowed, free of charge.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on the ground floor, just off the World of Wedgwood Atrium and in the V&A Wedgwood Collection Atrium.
- The majority of the walkways are 150cm+ wide
- Most of the flooring is smooth and even. Where this is not the case, this is due to carpets and rugs.
- Staff are trained in the use of Evac Chairs, for use in the unlikely event that guests and staff need to evacuate the building.
- We don’t currently have a dedicated sensory-friendly space. However, the V&A Wedgwood Collection Atrium provides a clutter-free space with dimmed lighting, limited background noise and no strong smells. There are also standard and accessible toilets within this area.
Visual and Hearing Impairments
- Obstacles from the car park include: bollards with good colour contrast, dropped kerbs and bollards with good colour contrast and a visual identification band.
- Lighting levels are good in the World of Wedgwood Atrium, Wedgwood Tea Room, and the retail spaces.
- There is some background noise in most areas of World of Wedgwood, with very little background noise in the V&A Wedgwood Collection.
- Some areas of the floor have a shiny finish and in the Wedgwood Tea Room some areas of the floor have large repeating patterns.
- There are audio descriptions in areas of the V&A Wedgwood Collection.
- Service animals are welcome at our attraction.
- Water bowls for animals are available outside in the courtyard and inside Josiah & Co
Guided Tours & Assistance
- Guided Tours of the Wedgwood Factory and the V&A Wedgwood Collection are available to book in advance and on the day for a charge.
- Our team members are available to provide assistance and information to all guests.
- We have designated rest areas with seating throughout the attraction for guests who may need to take a break.
- Personal tastes, intolerances or allergies can be catered for in the Wedgwood Tea Room. Please inform us of your dietary requirements in the special requests box when making your booking or by speaking to a member of staff in the Tea Room when you get here.
- There are two separate toilet areas on site which are located just of the World of Wedgwood Atrium and in the V&A Wedgwood Collection Atrium.
- Both of these areas have both accessible toilets and standard toilets and baby changing facilities.
- A parent and baby room/breastfeeding room is available in the toilet area just off the main World of Wedgwood atrium.
- A gender neutral toilet is available in the toilet area just off the main World of Wedgwood atrium.
- We have appointed a new member of our team as Guest Experience & Accessibility Manager, bringing focus to our accessibility aims and ensuring there is a dedicated Accessibility Lead on site.
Feedback and Contact
We value feedback from all of our guests as it helps us to continually improve our accessibility efforts. If you have any questions, suggestions or require assistance during your visit, please contact the Guest Experience and Accessibility Manager:
Send Email (mailto:[email protected])
Call us (tel:01782 282 986)
Visit Website (http://worldofwedgwood.com)
Date of Last Update
- This accessibility statement was last updated on 05/10/2023 to reflect our ongoing commitment to accessibility.