Join us on a tour of the Wedgwood Factory for a behind-the-scenes experience where we reveal how Wedgwood is designed, created and crafted.
This is the place to discover the craftsmanship of our famous jasperware, a unique invention by Josiah Wedgwood I. Marvel at the extraordinary skills of our talented workers who cast, glaze, decorate and gild in our original 1940s working factory.
- Tours take place Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and available to book 90 days in advance.
- The Factory closes during Easter week, August bank holiday and Christmas.
- A walking guided tour takes approximately 45 minutes. There is no seating along the way, however, the route is wheelchair-friendly and wheelchairs or folding seats can be reserved from reception.
- The tour includes visual displays such as film, written interpretation, audio as well as viewing the factory at work. Recommended age 10+.
- Adults (12+), Concessions (students, ages 60+, Blue Light Card), Child (under 12).
- Carers go free. Please notify us in the notes section if you are a carer/require a carer.
- Adult - £12.50
- Concession - £10
- Child- Free
T's & C's
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice unfortunately cannot be refunded. No shows will also not be refunded.
- On the rare occasion that the factory tour becomes unsafe to conduct, we reserve the right to cancel tours without notice. This includes and is not limited to: extreme temperatures during the summer season, strikes, unplanned maintenance or illness. The purchaser will receive a full refund in this instance.
Visiting as a group?
We love welcoming groups to World of Wedgwood. Head to Groups & Educational to find out more about how we can help you plan your next group trip.
Journey through the galleries to trace the history of Wedgwood. Discover something new each time you visit, from ceramics and artworks to designs and stories from the archives.
Various dates in February - June