Monday to Thursday
Welcome to our Factory
Wedgwood is the home of curious, creative and eclectic people, a place fuelled by self-expression, humour and lots of tea. We’ve been famously crafting timeless luxury ceramics since 1759.
From the day our founder, Josiah, planted our roots in clay-rich soil, Wedgwood has sparked imaginations. We have a rich history of colourful and cutting-edge designs (over 260 years of it, in fact).
We welcome you into our Factory, for a behind-the-scenes experience revealing where we design, create and craft Wedgwood’s unique inventions. Highlighting the craftsmanship and extraordinary skills of our talented team we showcase casting, firing, glazing, figure making, decorating and hand painting, ornamentation and gilding.
You can explore the extraordinary V&A Collection and discover the story of Wedgwood and the many artists, designers, patrons and makers whose ceramic creations have transformed society and industry.
All tours are fully guided and conducted by our expert Tour Guides - they take approximately 45 minutes and are available Monday to Friday at 10.30, 11.30, 13.30 and 14.30, subject to availability. Advanced booking is required via the Buy Tickets link on this page. Tours are free for those aged under 12 years (when accompanied by an adult).
Unfortunately, the Factory Tour is temporarily closed due to current government guidelines.
We have taken measures to make sure the Factory Tour is safe for our visitors.
Please make sure you have read all the information below before arriving.
- Open Monday to Friday. Advanced booking is required online via the Buy Tickets link on this page.
- We ask you to arrive 10 minutes before the start time.
- Please use the sanitiser stations that are available throughout World of Wedgwood.
- Please bring a face covering with you. Both you (unless exempt) and the tour guide are required to wear one throughout the tour. If you are concerned about any hearing difficulties, please speak to a member of the team.
- The Factory Tour is restricted to a maximum of five people per tour plus one tour guide.
- As factory employees are located either two metres away from the route or are working behind a physical barrier, such as a perspex screen, they do not need to wear face coverings.
- If at any point the Factory Tour becomes unsafe to operate, or government guidelines regarding Covid-19 change, we reserve the right to cancel tours without notice. You will receive a full refund if this happens.
When to visit
Factory Tours are available Monday to Friday.
The Factory Tour is closed to visitors at weekends and during the factory shutdown periods. These are featured on our Opening Times page.