Wednesday to Sunday
Roll your sleeves up and under the guidance of our studio potters, enjoy trying your hand at the potter's wheel using our unique jasper clay.
Throw a pot sessions are a have a go experience lasting one hour and must be booked in advance via the link on this page. The studio is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
One hour sessions are £20 per person.
As our safety measures do not allow the studio potter to fully assist with the throwing activity, we cannot guarantee that every finished pot will be able to survive a firing in the kiln, but don't worry, it's the taking part and having fun that is important!
Please note that pot throwing is not currently available to those aged under 12 years.
We have taken measures to make sure that the pot throwing activity is safe for our visitors and staff.
Please make sure you have read all of the information below before arriving.
• Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Advanced booking is required online via the link on this page.
• We're very sorry but children under the age of 12 are unable to take part in the pot throwing activity.
• The Pot Throwing Studio has temporarily moved into a section of the Dining Hall to comply with our preventative measures for COVID-19.
• Each pot throwing, have a go session lasts for one hour. Please make sure you arrive on time at your chosen time slot to ensure you have the full hour. The session must finish promptly to ensure enough cleaning time in between sessions.
• Please bring a face covering - both you and the studio potter will be required to wear one throughout the entire session.
• Disposable aprons will be provided by World of Wedgwood.
• Your session will include a short demonstration on how to throw a pot on the wheel from our studio potter, you will then be able to have a go at wedging the clay and throwing a pot on the wheel yourself. If your piece meets the required standard for the kiln, we will do our best to fire it for you.
• Within the session, if the studio potter does have to assist with the clay, you will be asked to step back two metres from the wheel.
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by one adult who will be able to sit in the studio and watch, unfortunately no other spectators will be allowed.