Terms & Conditions
WORLD OF WEDGWOOD GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
World of Wedgwood is a trading name of Fiskars UK Limited, a limited liability company registered under the laws of England with company registration number 02542030.
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to World of Wedgwood from Fiskars UK Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). By purchasing tickets for World of Wedgwood, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and agree to our use of the information you provide us with.
Please note that for all online bookings you must have received a confirmation email from us to have a valid booking.
All persons wishing to purchase tickets to visit World of Wedgwood do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
- This online booking service is only available to persons over the age of 18. The following credit and debit cards are accepted: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners and Maestro. To make a purchase or a booking with a credit or debit card, you must hold a valid credit or debit card in your name and/or have the permission of the person or company to whom the card is issued to use the card. It is your responsibility to ensure that the card proffered may lawfully be utilized to make the purchase or booking. You must ensure that sufficient funds are available to cover any and all charges incurred by you. We reserve the right to refuse your booking if your proposed payment by credit or debit card cannot be processed for any reason.
- As soon as practical after booking, we will send you an email confirming the date, time and cost of your booking. eTickets can only be redeemed on arrival at World of Wedgwood by presentation of either your confirmation email (hard copy or on a mobile device) or booking reference number (contained in your confirmation email).
- Any additional persons wishing to enter with the eticket holder will be required to pay the relevant entry fee on arrival at the World of Wedgwood.
- Once your etickets have been purchased, the booking is non-changeable and non-refundable. This however does not, in any way, affect your statutory rights. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket may be removed from our premises.
- All prices on the World of Wedgwood website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, and to alter any offers or promotions without notice. However, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be increased. Please note that any activities taking place in the individual decorating and mastercraft studios within the World of Wedgwood (including but not limited to throwing pots and decorating giftware and tableware items) will be subject to additional charge.
- Once purchased, your ticket must be used within 12 calendar months of the date of issue. The ‘valid until’ date will be printed on your confirmation email. No eticket may be re-sold without our previous written permission. If we reasonably believe that an eticket has been re-sold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or removed from our premises without refund or compensation. In this regard our decision shall be final.
- It is the sole responsibility of the bearer of the eticket to check opening dates and times of World of Wedgwood.
- eTickets are not valid for groups and can only be used by individuals. For group bookings please contact 01782 282986.
- Your personal data will be held by Fiskars UK Limited. We will only use your personal data as set out in our privacy statement. The privacy statement may be accessed here.
- Whilst we endeavour to make this website available 24 hours a day, we accept no liability if this website is unavailable at any time and for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason. We do not warrant or make any representation that use of the website or the booking service will be uninterrupted or error free, that the contents will be correct, accurate or reliable or that this site or server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Entry to World of Wedgwood
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult throughout the visit. The factory tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10. The throwing of pots on the potter’s wheel in the master craft studio is not recommended for children under the age of 6.
- With regard to educational group visits by schools, colleges or the like, the following shall apply: (a) the following adult/pupil ratios must be adhered to: (i) children under 2 years: one adult to every 3 children; (ii) children 2-3 years: one adult to every 4 children; (iii) children 4-8 years: one adult to every 6 children; (iv) children 9-12 years: one adult to every 8 children; (v) children 13-18 years: one adult to every 10 children; (b) we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, not to allow groups of school children under the age of 10 to take part in the factory tour; (c) we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, not to allow groups of school children under the age of 6 to take part in the throwing of pots on the potter’s wheel in the master craft studio; (d) we strongly advise you to arrange a pre-visit to ensure that you have all the information you need to complete your risk assessment as required to meet your legal obligations.
- Visitors are expected to respect and conform to local laws and customs. In accordance with English Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within all our premises. All breaches will be dealt with strictly.
- Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example proof of age) may be required.
- In the interests of safety, visitors may be asked to submit to a search of their person or belongings and anyone refusing to submit or found to be in possession of materials believed by us to be dangerous or unsuitable will be denied entry or removed from the premises.
- Any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted. If, in World of Wedgwood’s opinion, a visitor is behaving in such a way as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, he/she may be removed from the premises without refund or compensation and the police may be notified. In addition, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel a booking, refund payment, refuse entry to or remove from our premises or the vicinity of our premises any person who in our sole opinion:-
a. has behaved in a manner which has, or is likely to, affect their safety and/or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors or of our employees;
b. has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may result in a breach of the peace;
c. is under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other substances, and to notify the police in such circumstances.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all of the exhibits/ displays/facilities are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for technical, safety, operational reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close World of Wedgwood or any part of it. In the event of total closure, we will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise we have no liability for such closure whatever, including but not limited to liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, we, our employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, suffered by a visitor howsoever arising. Personal property is brought onto our premises at the sole risk of the visitor. All visitors are responsible for the care of their own belongings whilst on our premises and we accept no legal responsibility whatsoever for the same. For the avoidance of doubt, this extends to any car park utilized by visitors and we accept no liability whatsoever for any vehicle parked by a guest on or in the vicinity of its premises.
- Only food and beverage purchased from us may be consumed within the World of Wedgwood buildings.
- Pets or animals of any nature (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within the World of Wedgwood buildings and children’s play area. Dogs are permitted in all World of Wedgwood outdoor areas other than the children’s play area, subject to them being kept on leads and under control. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Visitors are prohibited from using cameras, videos and other photographic recording devices (‘Devices’) within the Museum and during the factory tour. However, visitors are welcome to use such Devices in all other areas of the World of Wedgwood, subject to law. All such photographs and footage taken shall be for home and personal use only and shall not be sold, used or re-used for any commercial purpose whether or not for gain without our prior express written permission. From time to time our staff may request visitors to refrain from the use of cameras, videos and other photographic recording devices at our sole discretion including but not limited to in the interests of child protection.
- World of Wedgwood is a fully accessible visitor attraction. It is our aim that all of our visitors’ access requirements are fully met. World of Wedgwood is fully accessible for wheelchairs and there are accessible toilet facilities. For information on accessible parking or any other matter please contact 01782 282986.
- If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your booking with us, we ask that you write to us, care of World of Wedgwood, Wedgwood Drive, Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent ST12 9ER. Where possible, please quote the relevant booking reference number and provide all other relevant information.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and any claim brought under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.